Public Relations & Communication Manager
Are you looking for a dynamic organisation, start-up vibes and an opportunity to share all the amazing stories with the rest of the world? We are looking for a PR star to join our team and contribute to the success of the next product campaign(s).
Are you available as soon as possible?
You’ll be part of the core team of Heptagon Square to support the development and launch new products. As PR manager you’re responsible for press and media activities to ensure an effective (online) presence of the new products and the Heptagon Square globally.
In a nutshell; you know the media and PR and media landscape internationally, you develop a fit for purpose PR-strategy, create new creative content and get the story published in renowned online and offline media.
You work closely with the design specialist and marketing team to develop an all-round campaign plan and stay closely aligned on the in- and outs of the product and developments.
About Heptagon Square
We offer unique, bespoke programmes combining our entrepreneurial experience and skills in marketing, brand & product design, sourcing and manufacturing, sales, operations, and fulfillment. Working in collaboration as genuine partners enables us to create the dynamism and pragmatism so essential in realizing shared goals and bringing products to market.
We focus on design projects ranging from smart green walls, water filtration systems to successful kickstart watch brands. Taking the experience of 4 different founders with over 50 years of international startup experience we combine, growth, digital, design and operations into a combination that fits for every product that we take on.
- Development of PR and media strategy for the heptagon square brand and product campaigns
- Execution of the PR and media strategy; development of the brand, company and product story, development of new creative content, events, collaborations etc.
- Reaching out and maintaining relationships with press, magazines, online media, influencers and other forms of media and press.
- Organise press samples/lending and press moments
- Create and develop creative media actions.
- Support and close collaboration with the marketing team to develop the marketing strategy, social media and overall communication.
- Organise events; a.o. presentations, fairs, retail events.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Any other languages would be welcome
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Media or Communication (not mandatory however we will ask for proof of writing)
- 2-5 years working experience in Media and PR.
- Extensive and international media and PR network
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independent
- Creative with the ability to translate a great product into an amazing story.
What we offer
- International and dynamic working environment; be part the next great product innovation!
- Small, enthusiastic and ambitious team with a depth of experience
- Work directly with founders
- A job with a purpose; you can really help ambitious entrepreneurs successfully launch their ideas.
- Extensive growth and learning opportunities
- Flexibility in working hours
- Competitive remuneration and percentage of campaign earnings
- Fantastic office facilities in the CIC Rotterdam, next to Rotterdam Central station in the vibrant city centre of Rotterdam (with good free coffee) or our office in Amsterdam west.