Business Development Manager
Are you looking for a dynamic organisation, start-up vibes and an opportunity to share all the amazing stories with the rest of the world? We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team and contribute to the success of the next product campaign(s).
Are you available as soon as possible?
You’ll be part of the core team of Heptagon Square to support the development and launch new products. As Business Development Manager you will be working closely with our founder of Operations. Together you will strive to improve client relations, bring in leads and support sales and marketing where you can.
About Heptagon Square
We offer unique, bespoke programmes combining our entrepreneurial experience and skills in marketing, brand & product design, sourcing and manufacturing, sales, operations, and fulfillment. Working in collaboration as genuine partners enables us to create the dynamism and pragmatism so essential in realizing shared goals and bringing products to market.
We focus on design projects ranging from smart green walls, water filtration systems to successful kickstart watch brands. Taking the experience of 4 different founders with over 50 years of international startup experience we combine, growth, digital, design and operations into a combination that fits for every product that we take on.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through linkedin, cold calls and emails
- Present our company or products to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Execute all partnerships from a technical and marketing perspective
- Measure effectiveness of partnerships and adapt strategy and execution accordingly
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative or in sales roles. Confidence but humble – convincing yet tactful
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
What we offer
- International and dynamic working environment; be part the next great product innovation!
- Small, enthusiastic and ambitious team with a depth of experience
- A job with a purpose; you can really help ambitious entrepreneurs successfully launch their ideas.
- Extensive growth and learning opportunities
- Flexibility in working hours
- Competitive remuneration
- Fantastic office facilities in the CIC Rotterdam, next to Rotterdam Central station in the vibrant city centre of Rotterdam (with good free coffee) or our office in Amsterdam west.